Tuesday: 9.00 - 7.00
Wednesday: 9.00 - 5.30
Thursday: 9.00 - 7.00
Friday: 10.00 - 5.30
Saturday: 9.00 - 1.00
Telephone: 01873 735980
Fax: 01873 735985
About the library
Abergavenny Library is a Grade II listed Carnegie library. It recently celebrated its centenary. Some of the useful and fun things we do include:
- We support a housebound service and book prescription service.
- We have newspapers and magazines on a range of subjects for both adults and children.
- We often hold introductory talks for groups, describing the library and its facilities.
- We have collections of books which can be loaned to reading groups.
- We have weekly "Under Fives" story times, and monthly Baby Rhyme Times - please see our events listing for details.
- We are a member of Books4U which offers books from other authorities in Wales. This is a free service.
- Abergavenny Libary is a venue for Abergavenny Children's Festival and the Abergavenny Food Festival, which are both held annually.
- We have extensive IT facilities with free internet access for all. Monmouthshire Libraries customers can access a wide range of online resources free of charge from the library or from home, including Ancestry Library Edition which is available in the libraries only.
Facilities for people with disabilities:
- Wheelchair access off Victoria Street
- Use of wheelchair
- Hearing loop
- Accessible computer facilities - adjustable workstations and chairs, large flatscreen monitors, big key keyboards and Microsoft accessibility applications.
Facilities for mothers and babies:
- Pushchair access off Victoria Street
- Short term public (pay and display) car park opposite the library
- Disabled parking is available in Victoria Street at the rear of the building
- Colour / Black & White photocopier
- Microfilm reader printer - Abergavenny Chronicle
- Microfiche reader
- Listening post
- Display space
To view PDFs on this page you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader